The King takes Jamie – the would be hero – on a journey along with the audience designed to help everyone release fear and make choices based on love and courage. Learn more
All of the content about courage and confidence is also great for the boys, to bring relevance & inspiration to a story traditionally about re-awakening the feminine, the princess, within the world.
This one has proved incredibly popular in theatre seasons, always a sell-out. Schools always love the message and humour too.
And for a reason we can’t quite understand, older students at schools love it too – whether it’s Jamie the farm-boy come hero, the inspirational King or the hilarious characters of Andy and Veg. Learn more
Even in times of seeming impossible circumstances, it’s important to remember that destiny must be served, and we must follow our path. Not only does the farm boy turned hero learn this lesson, but so does the audience as we encourage all to feel the confidence in knowing your purpose and knowing you are the voice that creates your reality.
Sleeping Beauty stories have also always been about reawakening the feminine, as Rose is brought to life by the kiss of her true love!
Alpha’s version is also just really, really silly! Hilarious for both children and adults and a whole lot of fun! Even the older boys will love this one!
Updating the gender stereotypes into the 21st century, whilst honouring and inspiring new ideals and archetypes. Examples of overcoming peer pressure are subtly incorporated through the key character conflicts where characters choose the ‘good guys’, as a new alternative rather than their peers and the past.
Positive role-models & values are also strong themes; a powerful ‘confidence’ theme is also integrated, as boys (and girls) get new learnings in how to create confidence, through the King’s closed eye process about ‘choices’.
- Suitable for all audiences, families work well, age 2 upwards to age 13.
- Modular set, about 9 metres wide. 5 scenes: : The Royal Family’s Palace, Maleficent’s castle, the Forest, the Cottage, and the Dungeon. Fits perfectly on a stage, connects to wings.
- Price for 1 show $2000 + GST (max audience 300)
- Price for 2 shows $3100 + GST (max audience 600)
- Modular set, about 9 metres wide. Height clearance of 3 metres for Castle, can fit into a small MPR or Hall.
- Suitability: Pre-Kinder to Year 6 in Primary Schools, Year 7 to Year 9 in High Schools
- Duration: 90 minutes + Question Time / Set up time: 90 minutes
- Space needed: 8m x 8m cleared space (MINIMUM)
- Power: 3 phase OR 2 power points on separate circuits
- Fog Machine: venue must have smoke detectors isolated
- Show start: 9:15am or 1:45pm (for 1 show); 9:15am/11:30am (2 shows)
- Cast arrive at 7:45am or 12:30pm
- A specific date and time cannot be guaranteed (even if you have paid a deposit); although we will work with you to find the best time suitable
- A booking deposit of $300 applies at time of booking to reserve your date – note this only confirms your date, not other details (like audience size). Alpha does not take bookings without a deposit.
- The booking deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE under any circumstances
- A cancellation fee of $500 (per show/day) in addition to the booking deposit applies to all cancellations received up to 7 days before show.
- PLUS other conditions, click link to read full terms
Closed Eye – Choices & Fear
Show booking options:
Choose your price depending on our conditions:
Referral Rate per student
- Min Audience 250 students
- You must refer a different school
- They must book an additional show to yours for 150 min students @ $8 rate and pay a $300 deposit
Annual, whole school rate per student
- Min audience 180 students
- Annual Booking (for repeat customers)
- Book 2 years in advance (for first time customers)
- Must be for whole school
Standard rate per student
- Min audience 150 students
- First booking
- Or repeat customer not booking for whole school
- Or repeat customer not booking annually
- For audiences less than 150
- Maximum audience 150
- Price for any school with low student numbers
- If you are booking at this rate for only a few grade levels, you are encouraged to get other year levels on board to make up the numbers to at least 150, to save you money per student
Now, choose the tour of your choice and click through to make a booking or send an enquiry:
Touring to: Northern NSW
For more information on The Alpha Show of Sleeping Beauty, click here.