Often when we’ve been bullied or picked on, the emotional baggage that results can show up in the body. Transform your physiology, like Quasimodo, and transform your life. Learn more
We’ve managed to turn an otherwise complicated and dark story into a positive and uplifting experience of theatre for all. Learn more
About the Show
Alpha’s Hunchback, loosely based on the Victor Hugo novel, aims to instil in the audience a sense of the importance of resilience in times of hardship and oppression from those more powerful than us, and how even small changes in our physiology and heart can have lasting impact.
Quasimodo leads the way for the audience to follow as he lets go of the pain of his past & finds his true purpose, becomes who he truly is and lives with love, instead of fear.
There’s everything you would want, comedy and hilariously witty dialogue (this is one of our funniest shows!), a sword fight, lots of audience interaction and fantastic music. You will be pleasantly surprised at how we have woven together a story full of magic, intrigue, romance, adventure and yell-out fun!
Values Theme: BULLYING, RESILIENCE and LOOKING BENEATH THE SURFACE
Outcome: To bring an understanding of how holding on to pain and not releasing it through our natural processes of tears and experience can result in physical limitations and challenges, and that by simply working on our past and releasing that pain, we can transform the health of our physiology.
Pain of your past
The ‘closed-eye’ in this show is about letting go of things in the past that have made you feel sad, and living in the present moment, and how physiology affects our emotional states. “Standing up tall” is a perfect metaphor given Quasimodo was ‘hunched’ over, so you can use this as a very clear way of talking about how powerful it is to stand tall (and not hunch or use ‘depressing’ physiology) and live in the present moment, and how our language also affects our states (ie. Saying ‘yes’, in a strong way like we do in Alpha Shows, is very powerful). Download Curriculum Documents
Details for School Bookings
- Modular set, about 8 metres wide. Height clearance of 4.5 metres for truss, can fit into a medium MPR, ideal venue a dark hall or gym
- Suitability: Pre-Kinder to Year 6 in Primary Schools, Year 7 to Year 9 in High Schools
- Duration: 70 minutes + Question Time / Set up time: 90 minutes
- Space needed: 9m x 8m cleared space (MINIMUM)
- Power: Single power outlet
- Fog Machine: (optional) venue should have smoke detectors isolated
- Show start: 9am or 2pm (for 1 show); approx 9:15am/11:30am (2 shows)
- Cast arrive at 8am or 12:30pm
Flat Rate Pricing
- For schools with less than 125 total enrolment. Whole school P-6 must attend.
Per Student Pricing
- Price per student (min audience 125 students). For less than whole school bookings.
Per Student Pricing
- Price per student (min audience 125 students). Whole school P-6 must attend.
Per Student Pricing
- Price per student (min audience 150 students). Whole school P-6 must attend and you must prebook 3 separate shows over 36 months. This is also our rebooking rate if you rebook on the day of your show for an annual visit
Conditions of Booking
- A booking deposit of $400 applies at time of booking to secure you a place in our schedule to obtain a date assignment. It does not lock in other details (like audience size). Alpha does not take bookings without a deposit.
- A specific date and time cannot be guaranteed (even if you have paid a deposit); although we will work with you to find the best time suitable. Booking deposits do not secure dates, but a place in our schedule, which will continue to be a floating booking until we find you a date that is mutually acceptable.
- The booking deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE under any circumstances
- A cancellation fee of $500 (per show/day) in addition to the booking deposit applies to all cancellations received up to 7 days before show.
- PLUS other conditions, click link to read full terms