The story looks at the ramifications of not being in harmony with truth. The voice, our main way of expressing ourselves, is the primary symbol in this story. When we compromise truth, we will find our voice lost as well… Learn more
We went right back to Hans Christian’s version and looked at what he was really trying to express. One of the most beloved fairytales of all time, now with the magic of an Alpha Show! Learn more
About the Show
Alpha’s The Little Mermaid humourously and powerfully captures the magic of what is Hans Christian Andersen’s classic tale of tragedy and love from another world. Without the depressing ending! This was Hans’ favourite story that he wrote, but the fairytale very much mimicked and reflected his own pain about never finding love, or the loss of love once received.
We obviously believe in the power of love and wanted a moving story that also highlighted what might prevent us from receiving and creating a life that is full of love – a lack of truth. So our Ariel is like many teenagers, afraid of her dad’s anger and lies to protect herself and hide her true desires of being part of the overland and humanity.
These powerful metaphors move us at a deep level beyond what we consciously perceive. The show also has a great pace and energy, with lots of standard Alpha gags that audiences love and some new comedy that we’ve never tried before! With some familiar and some very original Alpha characters like a New Zealand sea horse and an Aussie yabbi, we know you’ll find the whole show hilarious and entertaining!
Values Theme: TRUTH & FEAR / CONSERVATION / OCEAN HEALTH
Fears from childhood of being truthful are a part of almost everyone’s soul. There are powerful emotional reasons that stop us from being in truth, not only with others, but also with ourselves. This show looks at the consequences of being out of harmony with truth, and how to emotionally process the causes behind this desire.
Truth is one of the most important lessons to learn on the path to a more loving soul. This show beautifully and lovingly deals with the issue without preaching. Download Curriculum Documents
Details for School Bookings
- Modular set, about 8 metres wide. Height clearance of 4.5 metres for truss, can fit into a medium MPR, ideal venue a dark hall or gym
- Suitability: Pre-Kinder to Year 6 in Primary Schools, Year 7 to Year 9 in High Schools
- Duration: 70 minutes + Question Time / Set up time: 90 minutes
- Space needed: 9m x 8m cleared space (MINIMUM)
- Power: Single power outlet
- Fog Machine: (optional) venue should have smoke detectors isolated
- Show start: 9am or 2pm (for 1 show); approx 9:15am/11:30am (2 shows)
- Cast arrive at 8am or 12:30pm
Flat Rate Pricing
- For schools with less than 150 total enrolment. Whole school P-6 must attend.
Per Student Pricing
- Price per student (min audience 115 students). For less than whole school bookings.
Per Student Pricing
- Price per student (min audience 150 students). Whole school P-6 must attend.
Per Student Annual Subscription
- Price per student (min audience 180 students). Whole school P-6 must attend and you must prebook 3 separate shows over 36 months. This is also our rebooking rate if you rebook on the day of your show and subscribe for annual visits.
Conditions of Booking
- A booking deposit of $400 applies at time of booking to secure you a place in our schedule to obtain a date assignment. It does not lock in other details (like audience size). Alpha does not take bookings without a deposit.
- A specific date and time cannot be guaranteed (even if you have paid a deposit); although we will work with you to find the best time suitable. Booking deposits do not secure dates, but a place in our schedule, which will continue to be a floating booking until we find you a date that is mutually acceptable.
- The booking deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE under any circumstances
- A cancellation fee of $800 (per performance) in addition to the booking deposit applies to all cancellations received up to 11 days before show.
- PLUS other conditions, click link to read full terms