Like the fairytale, the story looks at how our negative or positive perceptions alter our thoughts and emotions and either support or prevent us from coming into alignment with everything we want to create and our own potential. Learn more
We went right back to Hans Christian’s version and looked at what he was really trying to express. One of the most beloved fairytales of all time, now with the magic of an Alpha Show! Learn more
About the Show
Alpha’s The Snow Queen humourously and powerfully captures the magic of what is Hans Christian Andersen’s classic tale of adventure and lessons about the need to stay in alignment with feeling good and seeing things as they are, not worse than they are. Whilst our version does not follow the same adventure as the fairytale, the themes and characters are used to progress the story along as well as combine the expectations from the most popular adaptation of this story by Disney in their smash hit movie, ‘Frozen’.
It’s been 6 years since creating a new show, and we had to find the purpose behind why this story needed to be told. This story and these characters are super popular, however, we had to find the reasons for why Alpha should tell the story, to take the lessons of the fairytale and include them along with some of the broader themes introduced by Disney – and then take them further to empower a new generation in the skills for how to ‘align with your potential’, to move past fear and into courage, to become all of who you are. We also knew we wanted to tell a story about the power of love that is not related to romantic love, indeed, it is the power of the love between two sisters that ultimately leads to redemption for all.
These powerful metaphors move us at a deep level beyond what we consciously perceive. The show also has a great pace and energy, with lots of standard Alpha gags that audiences love and some new comedy that we’ve never tried before! With some familiar and some very original Alpha characters in the show, such as the much beloved Snowman Festy, Bac the Reindeer as well as other characters new and old, we know you’ll find the whole show hilarious and entertaining! Plus, in our version, we’ve included additional powerful female figures from the fairytale, including the ‘Clever Princess’ who guides Elsa and Anna and teaches them how to be powerful on their own, and of course, a villain that represents temptation and negative influence that often is quite palpable in our lives today – the actual Snow Queen.
Values Theme: ALIGNMENT & COURAGE
Elsa finds herself with powers that she can’t control, and is scared to be herself and use them. As a result, she suffers from being ‘out of alignment’ with that which you wish to create and the experiences she desires. Her sister Anna, through courage and strength, goes on an adventure that mimics her own mother’s journey years ago (from the fairytale) to save her sister and help her come into alignment with her potential. The ‘Clever Princess’ teaches Elsa the way to focus your thoughts to stay in alignment so as to not manifest everything you don’t want, and as a result, she and Anna save each other and Elsa becomes the ‘One True Queen’ after defeating the contrast experience personified by the ‘Snow Queen’.
Details for Theatres
- Suitable for all audiences, families work well, age 4 upwards to age 16+
- Modular set, 10 metres wide, height 4.2m. Snowy Mountains, Cottage, Elsa’s Ice Palace, Arendelle Town Square. Fits perfectly on a stage, connects to wings.
- Price for 1 show $2000 + GST (max audience 250)
- Price for 2 shows $3100 + GST (max audience 400)
Details for Schools
- Modular set, about 9 metres wide. Height clearance about 4.2 metres
- Suitability: Prep/Kinders/Pre-school to Year 6 in Primary Schools, Year 7 to Year 12 in High Schools (we can adapt show for older audiences)
- Duration: 90 minutes + Question Time / Set up time: 90 minutes
- Space needed: 10m x 10m cleared space (MINIMUM)
- Power: 3 phase OR 2 power points on separate circuits
- Fog Machine: venue must have smoke detectors isolated
- Snow Machine: no special preparation needed
- Show start (approx): 9:15am or 1:45pm/1:30pm (for 1 show); 9:15am/11:30am (2 shows)
- Cast arrive at 7:45am or 12pm
Flat rate Pricing
If you are booking at this rate for only a few grade levels, you are encouraged to get other year levels on board to make up the numbers to at least 150, to save you money per student
- For audiences less than 120 (max is 120)
- Price for any school with low student numbers
Per Student Pricing
- Min audience 120 students (max 1000 per performance)
- Discounts apply for whole school and annual bookings
- Call or email now for your price!
Conditions of Booking
- A specific date and time cannot be guaranteed (even if you have paid a deposit); although we will work with you to find the best time suitable
- A booking deposit of $300 applies at time of booking to reserve your date – note this only confirms your date, not other details (like audience size). Alpha does not take bookings without a deposit.
- The booking deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE under any circumstances
- A cancellation fee of $500 (per show/day) in addition to the booking deposit applies to all cancellations received up to 7 days before show.
- PLUS other conditions, click link to read full terms