Like the fairytale, the story looks at how our negative or positive perceptions alter our thoughts and emotions and either support or prevent us from coming into alignment with everything we want to create and our own potential. Learn more
We went right back to Hans Christian’s version and looked at what he was really trying to express. One of the most beloved fairytales of all time, now with the magic of an Alpha Show! Learn more
Another beautiful large set, custom made, including Elsa’s creation, her Ice Palace. You’ll never believe we could set up all this in 90 minutes! Read more
This is one of our most daring stories yet, and rewritten for 2023 and on. Packed with well known characters and some brand new Alpha inventions, empowered women and epic samurai sword work. Learn more
About the Show
Alpha’s The Snow Queen humourously and powerfully captures the magic of what is Hans Christian Andersen’s classic tale of adventure and lessons about the need to stay in alignment with feeling good and seeing things as they are, not worse than they are. Whilst our version does not follow the same adventure as the fairytale, the themes and characters are used to progress the story along as well as combine the expectations from the most popular adaptation of this story by Disney in their smash hit movie, ‘Frozen’.
This story and these characters are super popular, however, we had to find the reasons for why Alpha should tell the story, to take the lessons of the fairytale and include them along with some of the broader themes introduced by Disney – and then take them further to empower a new generation in the skills for how to ‘align with your potential’, to move past fear and into courage, to become all of who you are. We also knew we wanted to tell a story about the power of love that is not related to romantic love, indeed, it is the power of the love between two sisters that ultimately leads to redemption for all.
These powerful metaphors move us at a deep level beyond what we consciously perceive. The show also has a great pace and energy, with lots of standard Alpha gags that audiences love and some new comedy that we’ve never tried before! With some familiar and some very original Alpha characters in the show, such as the much beloved Snowman Festy, Bac the Reindeer as well as other characters new and old, we know you’ll find the whole show hilarious and entertaining! Plus, in our version, we’ve included additional powerful female figures from the fairytale, including the ‘Clever Princess’ who guides Elsa and Anna and teaches them how to be powerful on their own, and of course, a villain that represents temptation and negative influence that often is quite palpable in our lives today – the actual Snow Queen.
Values Theme: ALIGNMENT & COURAGE
Elsa finds herself with powers that she can’t control, and is scared to be herself and use them. As a result, she suffers from being ‘out of alignment’ with that which you wish to create and the experiences she desires. Her sister Anna, through courage and strength, goes on an adventure that mimics her own mother’s journey years ago (from the fairytale) to save her sister and help her come into alignment with her potential. The ‘Clever Princess’ teaches Elsa the way to focus your thoughts to stay in alignment so as to not manifest everything you don’t want, and as a result, she and Anna save each other and Elsa becomes the ‘One True Queen’ after defeating the contrast experience personified by the ‘Snow Queen’.
Details for School Bookings
- Modular set, about 8 metres wide. Height clearance of 4.5 metres for truss, can fit into a medium MPR, ideal venue a dark hall or gym
- Suitability: Pre-Kinder to Year 6 in Primary Schools, Year 7 to Year 9 in High Schools
- Duration: 70 minutes + Question Time / Set up time: 90 minutes
- Space needed: 9m x 8m cleared space (MINIMUM)
- Power: Single power outlet
- Fog Machine: (optional) venue should have smoke detectors isolated
- Show start: 9am or 2pm (for 1 show); approx 9:15am/11:30am (2 shows)
- Cast arrive at 8am or 12:30pm
Flat Rate Pricing
- For schools with less than 150 total enrolment. Whole school P-6 must attend.
Per Student Pricing
- Price per student (min audience 115 students). For less than whole school bookings.
Per Student Pricing
- Price per student (min audience 150 students). Whole school P-6 must attend.
Per Student Annual Subscription
- Price per student (min audience 180 students). Whole school P-6 must attend and you must prebook 3 separate shows over 36 months. This is also our rebooking rate if you rebook on the day of your show and subscribe for annual visits.
Conditions of Booking
- A booking deposit of $400 applies at time of booking to secure you a place in our schedule to obtain a date assignment. It does not lock in other details (like audience size). Alpha does not take bookings without a deposit.
- A specific date and time cannot be guaranteed (even if you have paid a deposit); although we will work with you to find the best time suitable. Booking deposits do not secure dates, but a place in our schedule, which will continue to be a floating booking until we find you a date that is mutually acceptable.
- The booking deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE under any circumstances
- A cancellation fee of $800 (per performance) in addition to the booking deposit applies to all cancellations received up to 11 days before show.
- PLUS other conditions, click link to read full terms