How can a poor servant stepchild find her inner self-worth and have the confidence to meet the prince? Let your children discover their own sense of love for themselves as the Fairy Godmother creates more magic than you’d expect. Learn more
Boys and girls alike, all of us, young and old, sometimes struggle with feelings of not ‘being enough’. Through humour and sensitivity we move the audience beyond these illusions of unworthiness, and it works for everyone. Learn more
And always loved, wherever we take it.
This show just never stops! So much energy and humour, by far the funniest version of Cinderella you’ll ever experience! Beady’s one liners, Baldrick’s innuendo and great characterisations from the stepsisters and stepmother – come dance on stage and have a ball! Learn more
About the Show
Alpha’s Cinderella is probably the show with the chance for the audience to interact the most! More songs, kids on stage and three villains! Children are ready to protest the injustice served up to Cinderella by her stepsisters and the Evil Stepmother, as this is often the most relevant to how a child can feel.
Cinderella as a result sometimes feels like she’s not good enough, so the Fairy Godmother helps her by taking her and the audience on a beautifully guided journey called an ’emotional flood’, that can invigorate all the love and joy you need in any moment. The Prince himself is not perfect and gets help to overcome his fears!
This show will have you dancing and singing – maybe even on stage! – for days and weeks to come.
Values Theme: SELF-WORTH
Outcome: To bring an understanding of why most of us feel unworthy of love – due to our experiences in early childhood and the unloving treatment many of us receive despite a parents good intentions.
Cinderella has a belief that she is not “worthy” of going to the ball, or doesn’t feel she deserves it. We all have these fears and especially young girls, even at a young age, can start to feel unworthy, not good enough etc. How many times in life have we ‘played small’, not tried to do something because you didn’t think you were good enough or worthy enough to do it.
Like Cinderella, we sometimes accept those things that aren’t fair or at a good enough standard to live an outstanding life because we don’t think we’re worth it, we don’t even believe in ourselves enough. This show contains a process designed to heal these wounds. Download Curriculum Documents
Details for School Bookings
- Modular set, about 8 metres wide. Height clearance of 4.5 metres for truss, can fit into a medium MPR, ideal venue a dark hall or gym
- Suitability: Pre-Kinder to Year 6 in Primary Schools, Year 7 to Year 9 in High Schools
- Duration: 70 minutes + Question Time / Set up time: 90 minutes
- Space needed: 9m x 8m cleared space (MINIMUM)
- Power: Single power outlet
- Fog Machine: (optional) venue should have smoke detectors isolated
- Show start: 9am or 2pm (for 1 show); approx 9:15am/11:30am (2 shows)
- Cast arrive at 8am or 12:30pm
Flat Rate Pricing
- For schools with less than 150 total enrolment. Whole school P-6 must attend.
Per Student Pricing
- Price per student (min audience 115 students). For less than whole school bookings.
Per Student Pricing
- Price per student (min audience 150 students). Whole school P-6 must attend.
Per Student Annual Subscription
- Price per student (min audience 180 students). Whole school P-6 must attend and you must prebook 3 separate shows over 36 months. This is also our rebooking rate if you rebook on the day of your show and subscribe for annual visits.
Conditions of Booking
- A booking deposit of $400 applies at time of booking to secure you a place in our schedule to obtain a date assignment. It does not lock in other details (like audience size). Alpha does not take bookings without a deposit.
- A specific date and time cannot be guaranteed (even if you have paid a deposit); although we will work with you to find the best time suitable. Booking deposits do not secure dates, but a place in our schedule, which will continue to be a floating booking until we find you a date that is mutually acceptable.
- The booking deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE under any circumstances
- A cancellation fee of $800 (per performance) in addition to the booking deposit applies to all cancellations received up to 11 days before show.
- PLUS other conditions, click link to read full terms