The King takes Jon – the would be hero – and his daughter Aurora, on a journey along with the audience designed to help everyone release fear and make choices based on love and courage. Learn more
All of the content about courage and confidence is great for all genders, to bring relevance & inspiration to a story traditionally about re-awakening the feminine. Plus we show a real relationship between our heroes and transform the idea of a helpless princess waiting to be ‘kissed’ into our stories main hero. She doesn’t fall asleep literally, but instead saves everyone as well as Jon, the bounty hunter, who has already made questionable choices. Our script leans heavily on a wide variety of influences, and is a story about the choices we make and how they effect the path of our lives. Learn more
We have completely overhauled and re-made Sleeping Beauty in 2022, from the original fairytale, to our original interpretation, to a new story today about choice, consequence, fear, love and courage.
Older children at schools love this show – whether it’s Jon the bounty hunter, Aurora becoming the hero and standing up to Maleficent herself, the inspirational King or the hilarious characters of Andy and Veg. Learn more
About the Show
Even in times of seeming impossible circumstances, it’s important to remember that destiny must be served, and we must follow our path. Not only does Aurora – princess turned hero – learn this lesson, but so does the audience as we encourage all to feel the confidence in knowing your purpose and knowing you are the voice that creates your reality.
Alpha’s version is also really, really silly! Hilarious for both children and adults and a whole lot of fun! All ages and genders will love this show!
Values Theme: FEAR and CHOICES
Outcome: To bring an understanding of the true cause of why we might choose to make negative choices that affect ourselves and others.
Updating the gender stereotypes into the 21st century, whilst honouring and inspiring new ideals and archetypes. Examples of overcoming peer pressure are subtly incorporated through the key character conflicts where characters choose the ‘good guys’, as a new alternative rather than their peers and the past.
Positive role-models & values are also strong themes; a powerful ‘confidence’ theme is also integrated, as boys and girls get new learnings in how to create confidence, through the King’s closed eye emotional process about ‘choices’. Download Curriculum Documents
Details for School Bookings
- Modular set, about 8 metres wide. Height clearance of 4.5 metres for truss, can fit into a medium MPR, ideal venue a dark hall or gym
- Suitability: Pre-Kinder to Year 6 in Primary Schools, Year 7 to Year 9 in High Schools
- Duration: 70 minutes + Question Time / Set up time: 90 minutes
- Space needed: 9m x 8m cleared space (MINIMUM)
- Power: Single power outlet
- Fog Machine: (optional) venue should have smoke detectors isolated
- Show start: 9am or 2pm (for 1 show); approx 9:15am/11:30am (2 shows)
- Cast arrive at 8am or 12:30pm
Flat Rate Pricing
- For schools with less than 150 total enrolment. Whole school P-6 must attend.
Per Student Pricing
- Price per student (min audience 115 students). For less than whole school bookings.
Per Student Pricing
- Price per student (min audience 150 students). Whole school P-6 must attend.
Per Student Annual Subscription
- Price per student (min audience 180 students). Whole school P-6 must attend and you must prebook 3 separate shows over 36 months. This is also our rebooking rate if you rebook on the day of your show and subscribe for annual visits.
Conditions of Booking
- A booking deposit of $400 applies at time of booking to secure you a place in our schedule to obtain a date assignment. It does not lock in other details (like audience size). Alpha does not take bookings without a deposit.
- A specific date and time cannot be guaranteed (even if you have paid a deposit); although we will work with you to find the best time suitable. Booking deposits do not secure dates, but a place in our schedule, which will continue to be a floating booking until we find you a date that is mutually acceptable.
- The booking deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE under any circumstances
- A cancellation fee of $800 (per performance) in addition to the booking deposit applies to all cancellations received up to 11 days before show.
- PLUS other conditions, click link to read full terms