During the show, Luminaire helps the Beast and the audience let go of silly beliefs we can sometimes have about ourselves, such as “I’m not smart” or “I’m not good enough”. Learn more
Yes, Alpha’s adaptation is similar to the version of the story everyone knows. Learn more
About the Show
Alpha’s Beauty and the Beast combines all that is loved about any version of the classic fairytale you could imagine. Alpha’s version is grounded in love through letting go of old beliefs, old rules and all that prevents us from loving others fully without fear. The Beast finally learns to move on from his fears that nobody would ever love a beast, and treat Belle with kindness. Belle encourages The Beast to embrace his loving and gentle side and shows that he will not achieve his goals through anger and pain.
This show is also incredibly funny and silly! There’s lots of laughs for grown ups and children. At times very touching and dramatic, this is a full theatrical production of the classic tale, and is guaranteed to be loved by people of all ages. It subtly encourages everyone to have fun as well as learn the process of truly believing in yourself, letting go and feeling love for yourself and others.
Values Theme: BELIEFS & SELF-IMAGE
Outcome: To bring children back in line with their natural intuitive nature and to help all involved to create their life how they want it and to be a role model to everyone else
The character of the Beast is a great lesson in how disempowering negative beliefs about people and ourselves can have undesired effects in our lives. Just like the Beast, instant transformation is also possible in all of us. We all have limiting beliefs that hold us back from our full potential, and it is possible to instantly destroy those beliefs and transform our lives for the better in a moment. Download Curriculum Documents
Details for Theatres
- Suitable for all audiences, families work well, kinder-age upwards to age 12 or so
- Modular set, about 7 metres wide. 4 scenes: The Beast’s Castle in the Forest, Belle’s Village, Inside the Beast’s castle, and the Library. Fits perfectly on a stage, connects to wings.
- Price for 1 show $2000 + GST (max audience 300)
- Price for 2 shows $3000 + GST (max audience 600)
Details for Schools
- Modular set, about 7 metres wide. Height clearance of 3 metres for Castle, can fit into a small MPR or Hall
- Suitability: Pre-school to Year 6 in Primary Schools, Year 7 to Year 9 in High Schools
- Duration: 90 minutes + Question Time / Set up time: 90 minutes
- Space needed: 7m x 7m cleared space (MINIMUM)
- Power: 3 phase OR 2 power points on separate circuits
- Fog Machine: venue must have smoke detectors isolated
- Show start: 9:15am or 1:45pm (for 1 show); 9:15am/11:30am (2 shows)
- Cast arrive at 7:45am or 12:30pm
Flat rate Pricing
If you are booking at this rate for only a few grade levels, you are encouraged to get other year levels on board to make up the numbers to at least 120, to save you money per student
- For audiences less than 120 (max is 120)
- Price for any school with low student numbers
Per Student Pricing
- Min audience 120 students (max 1000 per performance)
- Discounts apply for whole school and annual bookings
- call or email to get your price!
Conditions of Booking
- A specific date and time cannot be guaranteed (even if you have paid a deposit); although we will work with you to find the best time suitable
- A booking deposit of $300 applies at time of booking to reserve your date – note this only confirms your date, not other details (like audience size). Alpha does not take bookings without a deposit.
- The booking deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE under any circumstances
- A cancellation fee of $500 (per show/day) in addition to the booking deposit applies to all cancellations received up to 7 days before show.
- PLUS other conditions, click link to read full terms