We’re not talking about having strong muscles or being better than others, rather, creating real, true heroes that can go out into our world and make it better. Learn more
This is the true nature of our reality. And yet we don’t experience this on a daily basis. Through the experience of this show, the audience will start to connect in with this truth and allow the magic of Camelot to enter their lives. Learn more
Like all light seekers, Arthur must overcome the darkest of times, when your friend is faced with his own destruction through the corruption caused by free will and choice, and the anger and betrayal feelings that he is forced to deal with. Arthur learns to see the perfection in all that happens, bringing his kingdom back to equality and unity by starting with his friends.
This production was completely rewritten in recent years, King Arthur is guaranteed to feel modern, fresh and relevant.
We have encapsulated the heart of what Camelot meant, and brought familiar characters to the stage. There’s also some classic comedy and a lot of fun for all, including the opportunity to try and pull the sword out of the stone for yourself! Learn more
About the Show
Capturing the magic of the classic legend and its characters combined with the magic and traditions of an Alpha show, King Arthur is a wonderfully engaging show, utilising the classic myth to create a lot of fun as well as significant character development usually only seen in movies.
Allow the audience to resonate and be inspired as they connect in with the various archetypes ingrained in the story and our souls. Camelot is an energy that is available to all of us today, and this story inspires all to connect into their own power, create equality within and with all others, and become more loving so that we can all be kings!
Values Theme: EQUALITY, FRIENDSHIP AND TEAMWORK
Outcome: To bring an understanding of the power of accepting the truth that all of humanity is equal and to learn to bridge the gap between our current attitudes and the truth of equality.
One of the biggest challenges facing us today is the inequalities we face as a human race. Once we emotionally accept the truth, that we are all equal, all one, then we can begin to transcend some of the destructive patterns. Setting ourselves up as either better, or less than, others, is out of harmony with the truth, and will only lead to suffering.
We feel this show is an integral part of the integrated shows Alpha offers, as it offers clear solutions on the path to a more loving soul condition for your children.
It is MORE CHALLENGING than some of our other shows. It’s concepts are more advanced and the emotional journey’s these characters embark upon are quite dark and dramatic at times. However, this is for a reason. And the show is still very very fun! We want to take the audience on a ride, to the extremes of the scale of laughter and powerful dark moments. That way we can learn more from the characters and the choices they make. Download Curriculum Documents
Details for Theatres
- Suitable for all audiences, families work well, age 6 upwards to age 16, although due to length and advanced concepts of the show you may want to advertise that the show is aimed at age 7 to 16.
- Modular set, 8 metres wide. Outside Camelot, Inside the Castle and the Lake. Fits perfectly on a stage, connects to wings.
- Price for 1 show $2000 + GST (max audience 250)
- Price for 2 shows $3100 + GST (max audience 400)
Details for Schools
- Modular set, about 8 metres wide. Height clearance for Castle about 3 metres
- Suitability: Year 1 or 2 to Year 6 in Primary Schools, Year 7 to Year 12 in High Schools. Preps and Grade 1’s will still enjoy the show (there are still colourful characters and kid level humour); they may not take in all of it however. Which is ok!
- Duration: 90 minutes + Question Time / Set up time: 90 minutes
- Space needed: 8m x 8m cleared space (MINIMUM)
- Power: 3 phase OR 2 power points on separate circuits
- Fog Machine: venue must have smoke detectors isolated
- Show start: 9:15am or 1:45pm (for 1 show); 9:15am/11:30am (2 shows)
- Cast arrive at 7:45am or 12:30pm
Flat rate Pricing
If you are booking at this rate for only a few grade levels, you are encouraged to get other year levels on board to make up the numbers to at least 120, to save you money per student
- For audiences less than 120 (max is 120)
- Price for any school with low student numbers
Per Student Pricing
- Min audience 120 students (max 1000 per performance)
- Discounts apply for whole school and annual bookings
- call or email to get your price!
Conditions of Booking
- A specific date and time cannot be guaranteed (even if you have paid a deposit); although we will work with you to find the best time suitable
- A booking deposit of $300 applies at time of booking to reserve your date – note this only confirms your date, not other details (like audience size). Alpha does not take bookings without a deposit.
- The booking deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE under any circumstances
- A cancellation fee of $500 (per show/day) in addition to the booking deposit applies to all cancellations received up to 7 days before show.
- PLUS other conditions, click link to read full terms